XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My abs for about 3 seconds made a whining noise and stopped working on the front so the wheel now locks up. On the back the abs kicks in and then whines and keeps trying to lock. Restarting the bike resets it but if I need to stop fast does it all over again ???? New sensor maybe? No lights come on.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Hope you get it sorted. We look forward to your next update at the end of July!

Reactions: NeilJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
I highly doubt both sensors would go bad at the same time unless you ran through something on the road that contaminated them. I's more than likely the control module. I haven't checked the manual, maybe it will provide some troubleshooting advice. If not, I'd take it to a dealer and get it repaired before you get hurt or killed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just checked the manual. Start on page 8-21 of the service manual. That should put you on the right track but it looks like a Yamaha service tool may be necessary to check for error codes and relative guidance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same sound on my abs, on italian forum everybody said that was quite normal, after few months the abs led on the display was always on = abs not working. Once i decided to go to yamaha my bike was out of warranty asking me like over 1k € to fix the problem. I am so angry for this, now i will bring my bike to a private mechanic in order to find a cheaper solution for it, if not i will sell my bike, sayin goodbye forever to yamaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts