XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Hopefully this doesn't break any rules for this forum but I have a small request for any XSR700 owners out there.

I've got a hunch our gauge pods are swappable with minimal effort but cannot find any service manuals, wiring diagrams or even an OEM vendor that sells / advertises to North America who can confirm.... so I turn to you and your growing community for help.

Would it be possible for one of you fine gentlemen and ladies to unplug your gauge pod and snap a few pictures of the connector plug and harness? The more detail (wire colors, number of pins etc) the better!

The entire FZ-07 / MT-07 Community would be extremely grateful for your small donation of time :)

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah Zatarra, you sir are a legend!

Thank you very much, this is just about perfect!

Now to compare with the wiring on the FZ/MT-07. Crossing fingers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just working through the wiring diagrams now:

If it's not too late, one more good picture of the top side (clip facing you) from behind - so you can see the wires going into their respective holes would be extremely helpful. So far one entire side of the clip is identical, but due to the gap in wiring it gets very difficult to see which wires go where on the side closest to the clip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi topazsparrow, just came across your answer when searching for wiring diagram for an FZ07/MT07.

I'm just installing the safer-turn.com Smart Turn System, that allows auto off for indicators. They give pretty good instructions for Yamaha wiring for left/right turn, flasher etc. However they don't tell which one in the indicator is the AC or ground wires. I could take a guess based on colours, but i dint want to take a guess.

I notice you mentioned you were going through the wiring diagrams. Do you have the wiring diagrams? I would love one so i can complete my installation.

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi topazsparrow, just came across your answer when searching for wiring diagram for an FZ07/MT07.

I'm just installing the safer-turn.com Smart Turn System, that allows auto off for indicators. They give pretty good instructions for Yamaha wiring for left/right turn, flasher etc. However they don't tell which one in the indicator is the AC or ground wires. I could take a guess based on colours, but i dint want to take a guess.

I notice you mentioned you were going through the wiring diagrams. Do you have the wiring diagrams? I would love one so i can complete my installation.

Cheers,
Adrian
FZ/MT wiring diagram is linked in my post over here: http://fz07.org/post/98050

Alternatively you can PM me your email and I can allegedly send you a copy of the alleged service manual that I may or may not have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts