XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Here's some pictures of the mod I'm working on with my XSR700. It's work in progress, the main bits being the tank panels and single seat being finished which should be early May '16....

(1) Exhaust
I went for the Akrapovic XSR exhaust which sounds much better than the standard part, I've also modded it to make the panels in black. I think this provides a nice contrast to the big titanium exhaust. As I've removed the pillion pegs, I'm also awaiting the covers to screw into the wholes.

(2) Chain guard
I didn't really think of doing this until I looked at the plastic stock exhaust and felt it needed improvement. The XSR700 part is superb - two piece metal which is quite easy to fit as well. The axel covers are in-coming.

(3) Side Panels & mesh inserts.
As the tank will be blue and white, seat brown and rest rest of the bike mostly black - I wanted to provide some contrast here and did away with the plastic standard panels replacing then with the metal ones, plus the mesh inserts. I'm likely going to do some graphics on this - numbering or something.

(4) Frame billets
Two of these. It's good to fill those holes!

(5) Handlebars
I've now fitted a LSL X01 bar, which was supposed to be black but looks more dark brown (not to worry, it'll go with the saddle) and I've placed some biltwell grips as well. The mirrors are Rizoma (You have to order the adapter to fit them as well, which is a bit annoying!) The mirrors have a yellow tint, which means...

(6) Light
Yellowed standard Lamp, which I've sprayed with glass tinting spray. Looking more retro now!

(7) Rad cover and panels
If you're going to do one upgrade, this is probably the best one (if you have the 60th anniversary like me).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd love to see a picture of the bike to see how does the handlebar fit. Could you?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to see a picture of the bike to see how does the handlebar fit. Could you?
It's tricky at the moment, because I don't have the tank panels fitted, so difficult to say how it fits - only that the LSL are easy to install, you have to file down the switch and indicator bits because they have a bump that fits into the OEM hole (I am not sure why people drill a hole into handlebars which will produce weak spots, only to fix the position of those items, as when tightened you can't move them!).

They are approx the same width as factor handle bars but a lot lower, so they feel like a better fit, riding position is a bit more leaned forward but you are still almost upright. Certainly one item worth upgrading to.

heres a pic from the front, but again without tank panels difficult to see them in true context...I'll upload more photos when the bike is finished!

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is the full details of the mirrors man? Would love to get some. The whole front end looks incredible, good job!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice job, I like it. Waiting to see the mods finished. I will definitely go for that LSL x1.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the full details of the mirrors man? Would love to get some. The whole front end looks incredible, good job!
They are:

Rizoma Elisse ( Right and Left obviously!) They cost £212.20 for the pair via Motoblouz.co.uk - links:

http://www.motoblouz.co.uk/mirror-rizoma-elisse-position-droit-88536-v.html?color=Black

http://www.motoblouz.co.uk/mirror-rizoma-elisse-position-gauche-88534-v.html?color=Black

Annoyingly you'll also x 2 need these; (which I had to pay a second load of shipping on!) :frown2:

http://www.motoblouz.co.uk/adapters-rizoma-pour-retroviseur-88583-v.html

Quality wise they are superb, very well made and quite 'heavy' in feel. The packaging is very nice too and perfect for storing the factory ones in.

The adapters come with different sized screw / bolts so you just need to test the threads with them first for a perfect fit before fitting the actual extenders.

piers

·
Registered
70 Posts
wow! £212 for mirrors, Thats insane! I'll have to put them on my wanted list, Thanks for sharing piers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Those are some seriously nice modifications man ! Subtle touches that all work together beautifully, can't wait to see what else is to come

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Here's the saddle. I bought a brand new single Yamaha single saddle and had it remade in a tan leather with my logo stitched on the back. It gives the bike a whole new look. I've also ditched the Bitwell grips and ordered some Domino ones from the states, these are similar in style to the renthal ones on the super 7, but are a near exact match to the colour of the saddle. Just waiting for the tank panels to be finished and it'll be finally finished! (which reminds me, I need to phone the paint shop!!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice mods, Piers...i only didn't like the yellow painted front headlight!

I really like the look of the single seat you made!
I'm thinking to buy a single seat too...can you please post a picture of the bottom of the seat? I just want to be sure i can put the bike papers and documents on it! Do the space at the bottom of the seat is the same of the "Standard Seat"?
Can you please post a picture or just give me an answer about it?

Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice mods, Piers...i only didn't like the yellow painted front headlight!

I really like the look of the single seat you made!
I'm thinking to buy a single seat too...can you please post a picture of the bottom of the seat? I just want to be sure i can put the bike papers and documents on it! Do the space at the bottom of the seat is the same of the "Standard Seat"?
Can you please post a picture or just give me an answer about it?

Thank you
You want to know if you can fit the manual / documents UNDER the seat? I think so, but I will check and report back. The seating area is the same, the standard seat just overhangs onto the back mudguard.

re: yellow light. I re-did this so it was less intense. It's yellow glass tinted spray. Very easy to remove as I did with the first version just spray on brake / parts cleaner and rub off (takes about 10 mins of wiping!).:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes Pier, i ask if it's possible to fit the documets under the seat! Thank you for your support...it will be great if you will let me know about it!

Just another question: you said the seating area from the single seat is the same of the Standard? It seems like the single seat is flatter on the back (less sloping) and also a bit longer (i mean it offers more forward/back space), don't you feel so? Also the coating seems to be less slippery, is it right?

Thank you, once again :wink2:

You want to know if you can fit the manual / documents UNDER the seat? I think so, but I will check and report back. The seating area is the same, the standard seat just overhangs onto the back mudguard.

re: yellow light. I re-did this so it was less intense. It's yellow glass tinted spray. Very easy to remove as I did with the first version just spray on brake / parts cleaner and rub off (takes about 10 mins of wiping!).:grin2::grin2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts