XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Below is my Instagram “best of nine” post for 2022 (@mycaferacers). Last year saw a lot of changes for me with 2 out of my 4 bikes changed and the all important conversion of my XSR to a YPVS replica. :cool:

What are your 2022 highlights?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

· Registered
'22
79 Posts
Love the YPVS conversion (y)
But man, four bikes! You must have a lot of time to ride!

I feel sort of guilty for having two bikes and only riding 3-4K anually.

My highlights are the campingtrip on my other bike in august, buying the XSR in september and every ride on it since then. Though that last part might be caused by the "new bike syndrome". Hoping to put a lot more miles on it next season!

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the YPVS conversion (y)
But man, four bikes! You must have a lot of time to ride!

I feel sort of guilty for having two bikes and only riding 3-4K anually.

My highlights are the campingtrip on my other bike in august, buying the XSR in september and every ride on it since then. Though that last part might be caused by the "new bike syndrome". Hoping to put a lot more miles on it next season!

View attachment 28036

View attachment 28035
It's a fair point @DGR and I definitely don't "need" 4 bikes. ;)

Fortunately, I do have an understanding Wife and I would say that 2 are daily riders (XSR and Sprint), the 25 year old Daytona I have owned from new and lives in Wales and my RD350LC is my nostalgic classic collectable for club events, nice days and DGR. :cool:

Miles wise, I only do about 5k a year combined. :LOL: I am winding down to retirement so am looking forward to more spare time then. (y)

· Registered
93 Posts
It's a fair point @DGR and I definitely don't "need" 4 bikes. ;)

Fortunately, I do have an understanding Wife and I would say that 2 are daily riders (XSR and Sprint), the 25 year old Daytona I have owned from new and lives in Wales and my RD350LC is my nostalgic classic collectable for club events, nice days and DGR. :cool:

Miles wise, I only do about 5k a year combined. :LOL: I am winding down to retirement so am looking forward to more spare time then. (y)
My understanding with my wife is that I will limited myself to just two bikes since, while three bikes will comfortably fit in our garage, she wisely pointed out that three bikes would not leave room for the cot I would require.

· Registered
781 Posts
Retiring from teaching at the end of May, allowing for more riding time, although I didn't do as much as I wanted. Still need to do front suspension on the XSR, put a 300 kit on the KLX250 and get the Gas Gas fired up again.

For the new year it's about getting back in shape so I can hopefully ride the Gas Gas 280 trials bike and some trail riding on the KLX250. Also more retiree weekend (Tues-Thurs) rides on some good Appalachian roadways with the XSR.

· Super Moderator
927 Posts
I retired nearly 10 years ago. My self-imposed limit of three bikes quickly went up to four, then somehow crept up to five. I keep thinking I need to prune it back to four, but who can resist a bargain when you spot one?
Highlights has to be getting that new bike...last year it was two for me!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

· Registered
41 Posts
@Tigerjohn - that RE looks like a fun one! Rumours on the ole interwebs that RE will release a Himalayan 650 in late 2024/early 2025 :) That would be a bike worth waiting for!

Highlights for 2022 for me is both my son and I getting our licenses. Him getting his A2...me finally getting dropping the ridiculous cost for getting my Norwegian license after having had my US license for over 30 years. Was interesting sitting in the theory class and mandatory riding classes with all the beginners...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't learn some new things myself! How to ride/stop with ABS for example ;) We closed out our riding year in 2022 with a very wet and cold weekend riding/fishing trip that resulted in my son fishing for 20 minutes the whole weekend and us spending the rest of the time riding in rain, finding places to warm up and dry off a bit, and just generally enjoying ourselves.

He and I have now planned (with 100% blessing from my wife) a 7-day trip this summer, which will include camping/fishing on Sweden's largest lake and then 4-5 days riding as much of the Norwegian TET as we can handle. Hoping for a dryer/warmer trip than last year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts