XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

I'm a little sad - this will be a dumb post but live and learn, I guess.

I knew there were both limited and unlimited version, with 35 and 55 horsepower.

Well, I'm still recovering the advert (I bought from a dealership) as the advert was archived a while back - yes, I have the bike for a few weeks now and only looked at the chassis today.

First bike, idiot man, plain naiveness, your pick.

Now on to the question - I think I know the answer but oh well - if the stamp on the framework says 35kw max, it means the monster is the limited version, right?

I don't really remember if the advert said it was the unlimited version but regardless of that, I should have paid more attention.

Well, thank you for listening.

I'm guessing for a first bike, 35kw oughta be enough - still, just feel a little frustrated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi.
I have an XRS700 that has the restricted horsepower.
I have had bigger, more powerful bikes, as had the previous owner. He told me he had intended to derestrict it (Its a 2016 bike and I think they are easy to derestrict) but he kept forgetting about it and was happy with it as it was, and suggested I try it out as it was before deciding to derestrict it, and I have to say, I haven't felt the need either.
It depends of course on where you ride.
And maybe who you ride with. There can be a lot of "Peer Pressure" best left behind in the schoolyard but sadly carried on into adult life for some people.
Don't despair! Even if you bought the restricted bike by mistake, get on it and ride it, and enjoy. It's likely, if it is your 1st bike that, you'll be happier on it. If you sdo feel you've outgrown its restricted power, you could always trade it in for the derestricted model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your kind words.

I do enjoy the bike - I just feel I bought the bike expecting something and got a different thing.

I ignored a few dealerships as they sold the restricted version - I'm still figuring out if the advert said this one was unrestricted, though.

So, if the sticker on the frame says 35kw, it means this is the restricted version right?

In all fairness I don't think I will ever think I would notice otherwise and whenever I need more power I can unrestrict it before going into a bigger bike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ride as is no worries for now. You can swap it later or derestrict it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts