XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be interesting to hear and see what XSR riders had as a second bike and what they used their second bike for. I actually got what I call my second bike before I got my XSR because it was my second bike to my 2016 Bolt. I was just looking for something to putt around on for a leisurely cruise on the backroads. I traded the Bolt for the XSR so now my 2017 Royal Enfield Classic 500 is still my second bike but now second to the XSR. It's fun in it's own way but I probably wouldn't do any long distance riding on it because of it's limited power and speed. Anything over 65 M.P.H. is pushing it past it's sweat spot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Just traded in my CRF 1000L Africa Twin for a Tracer 700 - all the best bits of the XSR but comfy for the wife and better for touring! I've also got a CRF 250L for playing around on the tracks and country lanes down here. The XSR is still first choice for solo riding though.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am buying an XSR700 soon in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand. I will also get a Honda Wave 125i for the city. For those not familiar with the name Wave, it is a 4-speed step-thru with auto-clutch and has 24 litres underseat storage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
not got a second bike now but sold the car last month so have a few groats stashed away for more bike related shenanigans

was thinking about buying an old BMW k100 or R100 and attacking it with a grinder.

this was my second bike before it got sold on
IMG_20180815_151230 by Big Mack, on Flickr

·
Registered
320 Posts
2nd bike is not for me! can't afford a second bike and will not have any time to ride it. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 4 bikes, well the XSR700 is the only real motorbike I guess-the other 3 are classed as mopeds!

I have

2016 125cc Honda click- twist and go automatic- daily run around
1991 Honda C100, -tail chopped and fatty tyres- almost finished resto- bar hopping bike
1975 Yamaha V75, 75cc 2 stroke (recently finished resto)- also bar hopping bike

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for posting your pictures of your Yamaha and Honda, great to see how other rider's live.
Some say if you have never rode a Honda cub can you call yourself a biker?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts