XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the small upgrades they’ve made to the 2022 model and frankly I’m jealous of the paint job but still love my 2018. I’m anxious to find out if the newly designed “snub-nose” headlight design with an led will fit on older models. It looks as though no changes were made to the xsr/mt07 frame so I’d like to assume it will. I’d love to get confirmation from anyone in the know, thanks!

·
Registered
614 Posts
You can do the short headlight shell by getting an XSR900 bucket for around $40, then make a new shorter set of headlight brackets. I did it and posted the information how the shell needs cut and the size of the brackets to do the job. Then you can put any headlight that will fit in the XSR700 headlight nacelle.

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I’ve already done the 900 mod but the way it fits and the color match never sat right with me, (of course I dont have the alternate brackets,) so I when I saw the redesign I thought it might be a good option to try.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The brackets allowed two things. It allowed pulling the headlight assembly back to fit nicely. It allowed lifting the headlight slightly so the bottom pin and rubber grommet fit and worked right. I had brackets cut for me out of Lexan, but would do aluminum if I had to do it again. The Lexan chipped when drilling the counterbores, that wouldn't happen with aluminum. The Lexan just looked so deep in black though.

I didn't have any problem with the color the bucket was that I got. I think there were two colors at the time.

·
Registered
2022 XSR 700, (Triumph Thunderbird 900)
16 Posts
I love the small upgrades they’ve made to the 2022 model and frankly I’m jealous of the paint job but still love my 2018. I’m anxious to find out if the newly designed “snub-nose” headlight design with an led will fit on older models. It looks as though no changes were made to the xsr/mt07 frame so I’d like to assume it will. I’d love to get confirmation from anyone in the know, thanks!
I’m quite confident the new headlight will fit your 2018 model if you use the new black fork-covers and brackets that comes with the 2022 bike. You will the need a way to place the blinkers though. On the new model they have been relocated to the radiator (which is not a good idea design-wise in my opinion).

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Still a little too new, that somebody would have it seen in the flesh. A good approach can be the Yamaha parts tables and compare it with your model. I think the parts will be interchangeable with ease, only depends from how much to change.
From experience those OEM parts are a bit on the costly side, so that a combination of OEM and after market will be more satisfying?
The combined headlight brackets and fork tubes look a little cheap. I would not go for, better search for an other option. LED light, yes, no, I do not know, will be expensive, 400 to 600 bucks in my suggestions. So maybe it is the small plastic cover on top only to go for? Think this will fit fine even if the is your new blinker position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts