XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I'm a new owner of a 60th anniversary edition XSR - 2017.
It has come with a terrible exhaust, that looks and sounds cheap.
I have found a new 2021 exhaust for sale (standard) and I'm wondering if there are any differences in the stock 2017 version vs this one? I just want it to bolt straight on ideally.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
747 Posts
If the 2021 exhaust is Euro 5, it will be different to the '17 exhaust, which was Euro 4. The Euro 5 exhaust has an extra cat near the headers...there is a very obvious bulge in the pipe. Your 2021 exhaust could be either E5 or E4, as the change was made in 2021. I'm guessing that the ECU programme will be different for a E5 exhaust. If it's still E4, you should be fine.

Reactions: sri_130

·
Registered
103 Posts
You should be able to find a standard Euro4 exhaust in no time. Changing the exhaust is one of the most common mods, and the standard exhausts pop up on the marketplaces for a cheap price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

The current exhaust just looks wrong (cheap) and is too loud, even with a DB killer inside. I think it is a delkevic item, but I can't find reference on it.

My plan is to install a stock exhaust, modify it and paint it.
The 2021 exhaust I've found doesn't seem to have any visual difference to a 2016/17 one that I can see. There's no cat or extra shielding on the headers, so believe it is a Euro 4. If so, then I think I am in luck. Likely a 2021 registered bike but a 2020 build or something.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts