XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCN says that the bike will be available in UK in January 2016. That seems good value to me. They are reporting a test ride in 4th November issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They HAVE to bring this over...

From visordown...

WE'VE seen our friends in Bologna doing well so we're jumping on the hipster band wagon,' joked Shun Miyazawa, Yamaha's project manager during the presentation of the XSR700. The joke fell flat... perhaps because there's truth said in jest.
The Ducati has been a sales smash success in the US...

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's mostly about the handling, what you want the bike for and how it rides these says. Sure sports bikes look cool but I'd rather have a comfortable bike for long trips and it's cheap!

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's mostly about the handling, what you want the bike for and how it rides these says. Sure sports bikes look cool but I'd rather have a comfortable bike for long trips and it's cheap!
I won't buy an ugly bike, even if everything else checks out. I care what my "look" is when I go out. Obviously that is not the most important thing by any means, but I don't really like the look of these super speedy sport bikes very much.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I won't buy an ugly bike, even if everything else checks out. I care what my "look" is when I go out. Obviously that is not the most important thing by any means, but I don't really like the look of these super speedy sport bikes very much.
Same here. For me though what ever is ugly about it has to be what can be changed to my liking easily and that's what really matters overall.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's why Ducati Scrambler is so successful. It looks nice and highly customize-able.
I'm sure Yamaha sees that there's a market so why won't they bring the xsr700 here? It's nice looking at a competitive price and it performs well according to the reviews.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's why Ducati Scrambler is so successful. It looks nice and highly customize-able.
I'm sure Yamaha sees that there's a market so why won't they bring the xsr700 here? It's nice looking at a competitive price and it performs well according to the reviews.
Yup, with that allowing them to create an easier lever for consumer to enter it's a win win for those that want more than stock.

Yamaha might just want to take it slow with what ever market indicators they have, timing is important.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah but it's better they release it right rather than to rush the product just to scoop up an extra 2% of overall customers in the opening years

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not sure about the UK but I know that the xsr700 will be in France dealerships by December 17. 200 Yamaha dealerships in France are having a launch party on that day. No idea what it entails but there should be a xsr700 on the floor by then.
Awesome, can't wait to see event coverage.

Around that time we might see more people show up here, maybe an influx of those that placed a deposit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some UK dealers got their first XSR700 in this afternoon. My dealer gave me a call to let me know. I'll be picking it up next week.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Discounts are here!

Seems that a few UK dealers are discounting new XSRs ....Wigan Yamaha are advertising them at £5995. My local dealer in Exeter agreed to match it. With the pound in freefall, you'd better act quickly!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Seems that a few UK dealers are discounting new XSRs ....Wigan Yamaha are advertising them at £5995. My local dealer in Exeter agreed to match it. With the pound in freefall, you'd better act quickly!
I paid that for mine from J&S motorcycles in Doncaster back in April and that was the cheapest i'd seen it anywhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts