XSR 700 Forums banner

Leather jacket

27K views 73 replies 47 participants last post by  Leo 
#1 ·
I am considering the buy of a leather jacket, in order to ride in style.
Any friend out here with a suggestion.
Looking for something retro that would blend with the bike's looks.

#40 ·
My first time seeing these jackets online and then trying them in person was a big wake up call, especially coming from regular jackets not for riding. Same goes for a lot of other gear. That sort of experience puts a lot of confidence into products like this.

Anyone going to check these out at some local shows/shops?

#41 ·
I was so impressed with the quality and style of Roland Sands jackets that I bought 4 of them. Actually, I bought 6 but kept 4. 2 x ronins (1 black, 1 two tone with the retro stripes on the sleeve), a black city and a waxed canvas for questionable weather.

#42 ·
Bought a Merlin Hixon Heritage leather mc jacket last week..... Forum wont let me do links or pics yet due to post count, so you'll have to google it.

They usually sell for around £200 to £230..... but my local mc dealer let me have it for £180 after i haggled, gotta ask aint ya !
I've always preferred traditional styled leather bike jackets.... i was wearing them long before the hipsters came on the scene.

#46 ·
I recently got this Yamaha Sport Heritage Jacket as a gift. I haven't seen this one on here and it is kind of hard to find online, so I thought I'd just put this here. I found this offer on ebay, but I think it was cheaper at the Yamaha dealer.

I love the look and it certainly feels well made. Sadly haven't got the chance to ride with it yet...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.